- We became the UK's #1 investment platform after completing our acquisition of Cofunds and the worksite pensions business belonging to Blackrock.
- Together with Dutch pension fund PFZW, we invested another €200 million in small-scale assisted living.
- We announced further funding for auxmoney, the German peer-to-peer online lending platform.
- We finalized the sale in the US of our pay-out annuity and BOLI-COLI1 businesses. Both had already been placed in run-off.
- Matt Rider became our new Chief Financial Officer, joining the company's Executive Board.
- Two new appointments were made to Aegon's Supervisory Board: William Connelly, former Management Board member at ING, and Mark Ellman, previously with Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Shemaya Levy stepped down after twelve years on Aegon's Supervisory Board. He was formerly Chairman of the Board's Risk Committee.
- We injected €1 billion in capital into our Dutch business, using proceeds from divestments.
- At the same time, we announced the sale of our Dutch financial advisory business UMG to Aon Groep Nederland for €295 million.
- AGER Bermuda Holding agreed to buy Aegon Ireland, which sells unit-linked investments and offshore bonds, mainly in the UK.
- William Connelly was elected as Aegon's new Supervisory Board Chairman. He'll take over from Rob Routs, who is stepping down as Chairman at the company's May 2018 AGM.
- We ended our joint venture in Mexico with insurer Seguros Argos, and placed our Aegon Insights business in Asia into run-off. We announced the sale of a further tranche of our US run-off life reinsurance business to the French group SCOR.
- We further expanded our asset management activities, opening a new office in Frankfurt and setting up a new joint venture in Mexico with Administradora Akaan.
- We outsourced administration of around 10 million policies in the US to save costs and help us focus on growing our US businesses.
- We launched a $100 million US affordable housing fund to finance loans across 13 states. Aegon's Center for Longevity and Retirement published its latest report: LGBT Retirement Preparations Amid Social Progress.
- Dirk Verbeek announced he will step down at the 2018 AGM after ten years as a member of Aegon's Supervisory Board.